5. As a tenant, do I need insurance?

The landlord is responsible for insuring the rented property to cover the building and any furniture/goods that it comes with.

As a tenant, we’d strongly recommend that you take out contents insurance to insure your own possessions. Your possessions won’t be covered by the landlord’s insurance if you suffer a break in or other loss or damage. As a tenant you should arrange tenant’s content insurance.

Back or Next Question